After Kevin Spacey verdict, accuser Anthony Rapp vows to ‘fight for accountability’ The actor has apologized to his accuser and is speaking to the FBI
Anthony Rapp, the teenage actor who was sexually assaulted by the actor Kevin Spacey, has vowed to fight for a “more equitable” justice system.
Rapp, now 22, told the New York Times over the weekend that he was “shocked and disgusted by Kevin Spacey’s behavior.”
“I’m just devastated,” Rapp said.
Rapp said he was bullied on the set of “Boys Over Flowers.”
“I was made to feel uncomfortable for speaking out.”
At the center of the controversy is Spacey, 62, who has been accused of molesting a number of people — ranging in age from 18 to 70 — on and off for years. He was found not guilty on seven charges last month on a seventh allegation of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old boy — which Spacey said he was trying to protect the boy from.
He pleaded not guilty to three civil suits filed by those same men. Two suits claim damages were wrongfully assessed to the actor. There is no criminal trial scheduled for the last civil court case, which was filed in June 2016, by an unidentified male victim.
On Monday, Rapp issued a public apology for the attack. “By the power vested in me and in my peers, I wanted to offer my heartfelt and sincere apology for any offense my words or actions of 25 years ago have caused today’s generation,” he said, according to The Independent.
“My decision to step forward in this way was not easy, but I did it,” he said. “I would not have had the strength to do this had it not been for the love, support and guidance of those closest to me during my time of darkness.”
Spacey apologized in court last month. “I am profoundly sorry for the pain and suffering I have caused those who have been affected